Jeff Abrahamson on Sat, 11 May 2002 00:20:15 +0200

[PLUG] web apps (more general)

The recent discussion on web apps has me curious how other folks write
them.

Everywhere big I've worked where we've done significant web
development we've used something big and expensive--cold fusion, web
objetcs, etc., whatever the CTO thought was cool when we
started. Small places we've rolled our own using whatever the
individual developers liked, usually perl or java.

Although my preference has been for perl with DBI.pm and CGI.pm, I
always feel there must be a higher level abstraction available
somewhere. I'm not sure what it is, else I would have written it by
now.

I'm curious what thoughts/experience other folks have for writing
non-trivial web apps, how to get results quickly, etc.

--
 Jeff

 The Big Book of Misunderstanding, now in bookstores and on the web:
 <http://www.misunderstanding.net/buystuff.html>