gabriel rosenkoetter on Sun, 12 May 2002 23:19:36 -0400

Re: [PLUG] 3 nic cards

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 10:59:08PM -0400, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> No way. I can get all three to work, just not at the same time. I take
> down one and the other one works. Also, two are pci and one is isa. I had
> three pci cards in there, and it didn't work, either. I have a tulip,
> natsemi, and ne. All drivers load. All of them show up in ifconfig. But
> I can only use two at a time. :(

Okay, next question.

Have you a stray config file that's overwriting the MAC address on
one of the two conflicting cards to match that of the other? Your
switch/router/hub wouldn't be too happy about that...

What's tcpdump say about these two when either is in use?

I agree with Walt, I'd need to see the output of ifconfig(8),
route(8), and maybe netstat(1) to really have any idea what's going
on.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net