Leonard Rosenthol on Tue, 14 May 2002 11:44:03 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Mac OS/X, Darwin and Opensource software...

At 11:39 PM -0400 5/13/02, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
This has been out for a while:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/yellowdog/1.0/Applications_Emulators.html

I have never used it, though. I think it's like an emulator, but the
processor is the same so that's not needed, but you are still in linux so
a mac crash (rare as they are) doesn't bring down the box. Also, you can
work on bin in konsole w/ shell and friends then compile for mac classic.

MacOnLinux (MOL), which I demoed a year or so ago at a PLUG meeting, is basically akin to the "Blue Box" (or Classic environment) in Mac OS X. It is an environment simulator NOT an emulator.

Leonard -- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Leonard Rosenthol <mailto:leonardr@lazerware.com> <http://www.lazerware.com>