multiple seriousity on Mon, 27 May 2002 12:39:45 -0400

[PLUG] Old Hardware & Recycling

Greetings,

  I vaguely mentioned something the other day in the #PLUG chat room.. but
anyways...

  I was wondering if anybody on the list has any need for (at least, from
me) old hardware in the AT/386/486 era - motherboards, video cards, I/O
cards, AT Cases, etc.(or maybe older, even.. anybody wanna hack ELKS? :P )

  I also have some mac stuff in the 680x0 family. (but not really complete
systems, just parts)

  I just wanna get rid of this stuff and if it doesnt go to people here,
I will just send it to one (or more) of the local computer reuse/recycling
organizations..

  [In other words, it's free, but if you want to trade me something, give
me something, or make a donation to my non-profit, it's all appreciated. :)
I'm pretty easy to please and have strange needs. :D ]

  It occurred to me too.. that it may be of interest to have PLUG (and
other user group folks) run and staff a computer recycling day. .

  Through my non-profit (and personal interests) I've dealt with some of
the local computer recycling orgs.. and we could probably come up with a
plan and run something in conjunction with them..

  Also, I talked to a number of folks when I last dealt with them and
there is definite interest to get people to educate about linux/bsd/open
source.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org