Samantha on Wed, 29 May 2002 22:30:22 +0200

Re: [PLUG] mutt help bar

Well the manual wasn't really of much help. I did scan it in depth,
look on usenet, etc and I actually wanted to change the options in the help
bar. Which isn't something I can do in a muttrc file.

So I downloaded source and hacked away. Plan on making a patch and
releasing it sometime.

The magic files are:
curs_main.c - where all the options that are available on your help bar
OPS - there all the opt codes(?) are, with very, very decent explanations
lib.h - where you *might* wants to change the length of the bar, so that
the brand spanking new options show up.

Thanks to all who helped. :)

-Samantha

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Adam Turoff wrote:

> On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 07:49:09PM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> > On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 07:26:32PM -0400, Samantha wrote:
> > > I thought there might be a way besides hacking source, with mutt being
> > > easily configurable and so on (pleasing results so far btw)
> >
> > Well, you can try dredging through http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/,
> > but I didn't see it there at a glance.
>
> I don't have time to point out the relevant part, but in section 6
> I believe (the big reference section) there's a whole slew of variables
> you can set in the .muttrc file to handle the help bar; one of them puts
> the help bar at the top of the screen, and another controls the contents
> of the help bar (like a printf format string of sorts; look for lots
> of %s and %m type sequences).
>
> HTH,
>
> Z.

Samantha