gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:40:13 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Linux on a Apple Powerbook 150?

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 11:14:45PM -0400, kaze wrote:
> I like your idea of keeping the PB150 as a 'living room machine', as is, and
> opening up a terminal window on another box; that's what I was trying to
> work out how to do. Thanks for all the info - extremely informative.

A cheap PCMCIA NIC (even wireless ought to work, though you may need
at least Mac OS 7.6 for that, depending on the state of vendors'
drivers these days) and a copy of NiftyTelnet 1.3-ssh is your best
option for that.

(Could also run a serial cable all the way to a Linux machine, tell
getty to listen to the serial port, and then use ZTerm on the mac to
connect to the Linux machine, but that's a lot of ugly cable lying
around. ;^>)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net