Kevin Brosius on Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:53:30 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Build your own Linuc PC help needed!

Paul wrote:

> >You can use my us robotics external 56k if you want it. I really don't
> >need it. I have quite a few winmodems you can have as well, but they are
> >all isa.
> >
> It is possible to use a WinModem under Linux without too much trouble.
>  If I had to choose between buying a real modem or using a free
> WinModem, I would take the WInModem.  But a free USR, that's even better!

That's a kind of misleading statement.  Some winmodems do not work at
all in linux, some have minimal support, and some work fine with a
driver.

I check http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html when I want to know.

--
Kevin Brosius