gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 00:42:13 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: SCSI controllers 4sale

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 12:16:29AM -0400, kaze wrote:
> $15 inc shipping? Why so cheap! I don't need one, but am just curious. Are
> newer ones that much better? Is that the market price?

It's significantly lower than the market price, but this isn't
exactly a high performance SCSI controller. (Or maybe I'm jaded.
;^> UW... ::yawn:: give me Ultra160, bare minimum, FCAL preferably.)

That aside, it's a totally useable controller, and a steal at that
price for someone who needs only the performance it gives, knows
that they want to be using SCSI (those that think they don't just
don't know they do ;^>), and has the appropriate drives.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net