Noah silva on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:39:59 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: SCSI controllers 4sale

Well...

people often seem to confuse this (gabrial, help out?)

SCSI 1, 2, and 3 are COMMAND SETS
I sometimes see a cable marked as "SCSI 2"... and well I have 50 pin SCSI
1 and 50 pin SCSI 2 devices with the same cable.  As far as I know the
numbers only indicate supported command sets.

Narrow, wide, fast, ultra indicate speed/bitwidth

Most drives are compatible with faster/slower interfaces.
The main importance is that an LVD drive or HVD drive or "normal" drive
will normally not work on a different type of interface
(and likely will fry something).

  -- noah