Philip Ravenscroft on Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:41:13 -0400

Re: [PLUG] starting a program at boot

It needs to have a wrapper script in /etc/rc.d/init.d that takes the arguments 'start', 'stop' and 'restart'.  For most applications, there are these scripts around (may even be in the Chilisoft distribution).  I don't know if Chilisoft runs inside apache (if so, check to see if you don't already have an apache or httpd script in /etc/rc.d/init.d).

Then, you need to run chkconfig to make sure it starts in the appropriate runlevels.

hope this helps,

Philip