Michael F. Robbins on Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:54:05 +0200

[PLUG] Non-blocking FIFO I/O

Reading from a FIFO:  I'm reading line-by-line, like a command queue,
but I want the read call to return immediately if there is nothing
waiting in the fifo.  Does the O_NDELAY option of open() do it?  I'd
think so, but the man page is a bit unclear (it refers to opening
non-blocking, not reads and writes non-blocking).  Thanks.

Michael F. Robibns
mike@gamerack.com