gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:00:40 +0200

[PLUG] All this OT nonesense.

... and I don't mean the discussions, but the use of "OT" in the
Subject line.

I think you people are too nervous. C is on-topic for Linux (and
even more so generically for Unix-like OSes, which it seems to be
pretty well accepted that we can talk about without irritating too
many people); Linux is *written* in C, and folks are frequently
asking about libc or include weirdities of Linux, Solaris, other
things that probably relate. I mean, sure, you *could* be going to
comp.lang.c to ask this kind of stuff, but you don't actually want
to. (Trust me, it's not the friendliest place.)

Perl is probably even MORE on topic for Linux; it's used plenty in
standard distros. And even more so Perl for sysadmin things.

So relax! :^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net