Kyle R . Burton on Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:40:11 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Great plug for Linux

> While researching HP this morning I saw this news item.  Great read.
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nf/20020627/bs_nf/18404

I didn't know about Toyota...and the last line of the article is interesting:

  "Microsoft was unwilling to comment for this story."

I've seen alot of 'unavailable for comment', but that is one of the first
times I think I've seen 'unwilling'.  Not that I'm surprised that they
were unwilling, just that the reporter presented it that way.

There certinly is alot going on in the press about our favored OS.
It seems that other article oscliates between positive and negative.

Having used Linux, I know where I stand.  For management types that make
descisions based largely on advertisements (magazines, and now TV), trade
press, golf-course conversations, and actualy technical articles (if we're
lucky), the situation must be confusing indeed.

Untill recently, no one paid people to go into businesses and push Linux.
As far as I know, IBM is the only 'traditional' computer company to proactivly
be pushing tux as a real bonified solution.  MS (effectivly) pays people,
marketers and solution providers, to proactivly go out and push their stuff.

Who's doing that for Linux?

Kyle