epike on Mon, 8 Jul 2002 16:14:46 -0400

Re: [PLUG] wu-ftpd questions...

Hi

I did not see the previous threads on this but for your comparison
for xinetd.d this is what I have:

(on RH7.2 ):
-------------

[root@madugas xinetd.d]# cat /etc/xinetd.d/wu-ftpd
# default: on
#       normal, unencrypted usernames and passwords for authentication.
# JondZ Tue Jan  1 04:46:23 EST 2002 enabled
# JondZ Tue Jan  1 07:54:39 EST 2002 "only_from" implemented
service ftp
{
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.ftpd
        server_args             = -l -a
        log_on_success          += DURATION USERID
        log_on_failure          += USERID
        nice                    = 10
        disable                 = no
        only_from               = 192.168.1.0 127.0.0.1
}

(on RH7.2, unmodified:)
-----------------------

cat /etc/xinetd.d/wu-ftpd
# default: on
#	normal, unencrypted usernames and passwords for authentication.
service ftp
{
	socket_type		= stream
	wait			= no