gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:38:52 -0400

Re: [PLUG] WebCam in linux?

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 12:21:41PM -0400, Noah silva wrote:
> Quick Question:  Has anyone here used any type of webcam in linux?  Have
> any idea which ones are supported, etc. ?

I use an old serial quickcam and cqcam[1] for my image on
http://webcam.eclipsed.net/. Raf's is an image ftp'ed from a Windows
or Mac OS box (don't remember which it is these days) and the SCCS
camera is a security camera feed split out going through the A/V
port on an Indy runnin Irix 5.something connected to the webserver
via a serial link to dump the image (you don't so much want Irix to
be accessible over a network).

[1] http://www.cs.duke.edu/~reynolds/cqcam/

--
gabriel rosenkoetter