Walt Mankowski on Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:43:18 -0400

Re: [PLUG] 802.11 card

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 09:28:34PM -0400, christophe barbé wrote:
> I need to buy a 802.11 laptop card tomorrow morning. I don't have much
> time to find the best card and the best price so I would really
> appreciate all your experiences. I need a card working with a 2.4.18
> kernel, ideally a cardbus (ie. a 32 bits card supported by the hotplug
> code). I will certainly buy it at BestBuy or CircuitCity.

I'm quite happy with my Orinoco Silver card.  Been around forever, and
it's the card all the other cards claim to emulate.  Works great in
2.4.18.  Unfortunately I've never seen it in any computer stores.  I
had to mail order it.

Walt