Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:00:07 +0200

RE: [PLUG] [ON TOPIC] passing a pointer to an object to an object (c++)

> You do not appear to be declaring the local pointer varible in your snip:
>
> voxInstallCommon::voxInstallCommon(QLabel *qlIncoming)
> {
>     QLabel *qlBillBoard=new QLabel("unlabeled", 0, 0);
>     qlBillBoard=qlIncoming;

OK, this pointer stuff doesn't work anyway b/c the QWizard widget's
QLabel is only updated after the function returns, but I wanted to write a
series of messages in the QWizard, like "copying this file" and "linking
that file". So instead, I'm going to move most of these functions into the
same class: voxWizardInstall. Problem solved. Just another example of
something who was a bit too gung-ho about random classes. :)

Gotta go and make all my variables global. :)

Thanks for all the help.

Fred