Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:35:00 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Walmart Lindows Box - impression

> It's a shame that they are charging for so much freely available
> software.  Especially since I would expect most of the buyers of the

It's ok if people will pay.

I think that people will value this software much if they have to pay
through the nose for it. These people need to be told what's good and
what's not. One way method of value in the US is what something costs,
which as you know in the software business, it can be some arbitrary value
since you can get the same functionality in many cases for wildly
differing prices.

I think that lindows should charge more than MS for the software, and say
that, "you get what you pay for." Sales would probably double.

Remember, macs cost more than pcs.

I'm not argueing actual quality of mac hardware vs. pc hardware, but
rather what the list prices to do people's perception.

Fred