Darxus on Mon, 22 Jul 2002 01:48:08 -0400

[plug-announce] problems with the plug lists

Nothinbut.net has been graciously hosting the plug website and mailing
lists for years, with great stability.  The server that has hosted our
mailing lists has been having problems.  On Friday, July 20th, they got
worse, and the lists have been down since then.  Nothinbut.net is in the
process of putting together another box for us to host the lists.
In the meantime, Michael C. Toren <mct@toren.net> has set up and is
temporarily hosting the plug mailing lists on one of his servers.

Posts to the list were probably lost in the process.  If you sent something
on or since Friday, and it has not yet made it through the list, re-send it.

We do not have the individual configuration data for each user, so we
were not able to set each to get digested mail, or not receive mail, etc..
To set these:

2) At the bottom, next to "Edit Options", enter your address
3) Click "Edit Options"
4) Click "Email My Password To Me"
5) Find your password in your email
6) Click "Continue to edit your personal options"
7) Change "Your plug Subscription Options" however you like
8) Enter your password next to "Submit My Changes"
9) Click "Submit My Changes"

Efforts have been made to avoid breaking your mail filtering
configuration, so plug list mail should still go where you told it
to before.  If it doesn't, let us know.

As I mentioned, this situation is temporary.  There is some possibility
we may be able to copy your configuration info (digest/nomail settings)
over to the new list server at nothinbut.net, but no guarantee.

I believe we have more .mbox archives from the list than were ever in the
list archive web pages.  We are using a list of subscribers from Friday
morning for the main list, and from after the problems on Friday for the
announce list.  There really should be no significant data loss as a result
of this situation.

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all progress
depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw
http://www.ChaosReigns.com