Mental on Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:49:17 -0400

Re: [PLUG] "power down" on Libranet

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 14:31, Gregson Helledy wrote:
> Libranet is shaping up to be great.  I installed the NVidia accelerated
> drivers last night.
>
> I've noticed that when I do a shutdown, it's not tripping the "power off"
> function...the last line on the screen is "power down", but I have to press
> the on/off button on the front of the case.

A likely answer is to enable apm. Hopefully this is as simple as
"modprobe apm" and adding the apm module to the list of modules to load
at boot time. Worse case, you'll need to recompile your kernel to
support it.

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

"as above is not so below
spider webs, dotted lines hold all I behold
driven like a suicide through a noose of hope
alibis De-mystified hold on... and let go"

"Driven" --Numb