Kevin D. McAllister on Sat, 27 Jul 2002 04:00:08 +0200

Re: [PLUG] convert MP3/OGG to CDDA

* W. Chris Shank <chris.shank@acetechgroup.com> [Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 09:16:10PM -0400]:
> i want to burn a cd to play in my car - does anyone know of good
> software to do this? i want to take some mp3 and ogg file and convert to
> format the cdplayer will recognize.
>
> thanks

I don't have an answer to your direct question, which is software that
will make a conversion.  (google, freshmeat, sourceforge) searches may
yield faster results.  However, I do have a comment.  mp3 and ogg are
all lossy audio compression formats.  That means in order to save
storage space they throw away information that most likely does not
effect the sound quality.  But, when you try and take this back to
CDDA you will most likely notice some artifacts and degredation in
quality.

Your best bet if quality is of any concern is to get the original
audio in the format that is correct for your player, in this case
CDDA.

--
Kevin D. McAllister
kevin@mcallister.ws