kaze on Sun, 28 Jul 2002 13:45:17 -0400

RE: [PLUG] OT? Domain registration - whois question

Agreed, I found Godaddy to be cheapest and am using them. They are cheapest
if you only register a domain - the total cost for reg and a temp splash /
hosting / email / whatever is more than some of the packages other registers
offer. I only used them on person recommendation as the web page is a bit
off-putting.

Question about whois: netsol's whois of their own customers returns more
info (like phone and mailing address) then their whois of people registered
via other registrars. Does each register offer their own whois type of thing
or is there a way I can query godaddy's DB more directly? It seems like to
easy of a way for spammers to mine eddresses and stuff.