Doug Crompton on Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:29:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] LILO help

Yes, lilo.conf was edited.

 I was reading the LILO info in the SUSE manual and I think that my
problem may be that I am trying to write the boot record to the logical
(/boot) partition rather than the MBR. I have hda5 through hda11 as
logical partitions, hda5 being a small /boot, hda6 is swap, hda7 is root,
etc. In LILO I have the boot setting at hda5. I am going to try dropping
the 5 and just make it hda thus writing to the MBR of the drive. Does this
sound like a good way to go?

Doug

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Sean Finney wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 12:38:51AM -0400, Doug Crompton wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
>
> > I booted using the SUSE boot disk into rescue. I mounted the drive's root
> > under /mnt. I edited the fstab values to change  HDF's to HDA's.
>
> okay, really dumb question--did you change the values in your lilo.conf
> as well?
>
> --sean

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *