Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 2 Aug 2002 21:50:11 +0200

RE: [PLUG] Acrobat for Linux?

> > What would you recommend, then, as the ideal .pdf viewer under linux?
> > Anyone know what a default Debian install provides?

I suggest xpdf or gv. They both work great for me. I'm sure that they are
not as good as acrobat reader, but I personally don't really care, xpdf
renders nearly everything I throw at it well enough to read.

I also like the quickness of startup of xpdf and lack of splash screens.

So basically, ideal could me fast (xpdf) or accurate (acrobat reader).

Fred