Arthur S. Alexion on Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:30:24 +0200

[PLUG] WPO Linux

I bought a copy of WordPerfect Office 2000 for Linux because I have a
lot of stuff in Quattro Pro and Paradox formats.  None of the open
source spreadsheets seem to open Quattro Pro files.  Anyway, this looks
like a lesson in the problems of distributing proprietary commercial
software intended to run on a variety of open source OS distributions.

The installation script that comes on the CD predates Red Hat 7.0.  The
web site offers an updated script that handles 7.0 and 7.1, but is
choking on glibc 2.2  (its a wine problem.  The CDs include a version
of customized wine for 2.0 and 2.1, but not 2.2 or newer.)  I can get a
newer version of wine from www.winehq.org, but there is no
documentation that I can find to get WPO to use it.

Has anyone succeeded in getting WPO 2000 to run with glibc 2.2/Red Hat
7.2?