Kevin Brosius on Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:50:08 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Securing VNC

Depends what you are trying to do.  Read up on ssh with X forwarding.
It will allow you to run an X application on any machine you can ssh
into, displaying the window on your local machine.  You don't need vnc
to do that.

If you want to be able to maintain an X session, with running
applications and desktop, and connect to it from multiple machines, then
vnc is a good way to go.  You can secure the vnc connection by running
it across ssh.

Either way, you'll need to setup and verify ssh is working between the
machines first.  Have you looked into that?

--
Kevin Brosius