Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 30 Aug 2002 19:00:10 +0200

Re: [PLUG] OT: salary related question

> >>Sucks to be me, I make 21k a year (grad student) so
> >>10.50 an hour, then again some union guys don't make
> >>that much.
> >>

> My father always reminds me that I could make more than $10.50 per hour
> as a union broom pusher.  Of course, becoming a grad gradutate should
> help you to make mo money.  Then again, money isn't everything if you
> have "enough" of it.

Money is always important to a point as much as we need to buy food (my
garden didn't do as well as I thought that it would :) ), but the other
thing to think of is job satisfaction. I'd rather get slightly less
playing w/ computers (and sitting on my ass all day) rather than running
around doing actual physical labor, but that's just me. Of course, those
of us lucky to be in the computer field get paid even more so I really
can't complain.

Fred