Kevin Brosius on Thu, 5 Sep 2002 23:40:24 +0200

Re: [PLUG] DNS service for Free Software Project

christophe barbé wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 02:36:04PM -0400, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> > Doesn't sf provide this ability?  I know they can do web redirect for
> > external sites, at least.
>
> As far as I know, no.
> They can host your web site but you need to point your domain name to
> them.
>
> And I would prefer not adding a dependency on sf.net given the way they
> go (ads everywhere 30% of my 800x600 screen, droping MySQL for a
> proprietary one, ...).

Good point.  I've been fairly happy with mydomain.com's free dns
hosting.  I do seem to get more spam since I started using them, but
they have a decent web interface for admin and are free (so far).  They
have both a basic and advanced option, and I moved to the advanced
option almost immediately because it is more configurable and still
free.

--
Kevin Brosius