Mental on Fri, 6 Sep 2002 02:40:08 +0200

Re: [PLUG] active ftp connection to client behind firewall

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 07:15:19PM -0400, Michael Whitman wrote:
> assuming that I dont care about the security risks involved....
>
> Does anyone know the iptables commands to allow an active ftp connection to
> my ftp client which is located
> behind my firewall?  My firewall uses iptables and also does NAT for my
> interanl network.  The client is located in my internal network.

I'd start with the kernel modules. 2.4 has
ip_conntrack_ftp
ip_nat_ftp

I'd look at those first, then google for it. This has been done before. In
fact, I've done it. I just forget how :)

--
Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that
I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
All this pain is an illusion.

--Tool "Parabola"

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc