Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 6 Sep 2002 13:17:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Red Hat Beta

> > had already installed 7.3.  I wasn't aware of the new programs RH had
> > for network configurations, and wanted to continue with linuxconf.  I
> > used to 7.2 disc to install linuxconf, not all of 7.2.
>
> I want to go in the other direction, install the KDE rpms from 7.3 into
> 7.2.  Any changes in the directory structure that would lead this to
> fail? and worse, mess up the installation that I have?

You'll mess things up. Trust me. It might look of, but it'll be a mess.

RH allows you to download and burn isos. Do so, then use their check
program when you boot the cdrom, you can do this at the command line.

The installer will work great. I used it from 6.2 and there were few
problems.

If anyone knows a way to do a dist-upgrade differently for rh, please
tell me, as it's not convenient to reboot the server everytime a new
upgrade comes out. I consider this as life w/ rh.

Fred