Molnar, Bradley on Sat, 7 Sep 2002 02:10:08 +0200

[PLUG] booting on an alpha

hi all-

my problem is this-

due to hardware failure, the alpha processor machine needed to be clean
installed.  The drive that is left was the second drive (and therefore had
no boot information).

We are using red hat 7.0 because it is on there before and is at hand (and
our network is so slow right now that downloading an iso is not feasible).

Basically, does anyone know the final steps to installing the boot loader on
an alpha.  We followed the directions in the manual, but, they have not
worked so far.

They mention some odd commands and I have all of the partition info (I am
also able to boot he install cd fine and get to the filesystem, but, it
won't boot.  I have also been following all of the directions from the red
hat documentation, to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks
-brad