Fred K Ollinger on Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:58:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Wu-FTPd Domains

> I recently had a friend try to access my ftp from ouside my domain, and he
> was successful. I am lost on what to do next now.
>
> Naresh
>
> On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Naresh wrote:
>
> > Fred,
> > proftpd is running. I don't think its in the xinetd/inetd because ps auxf
> > | grep proftpd , and i see a proftpd.

tcp wrappers means you need to put it in xinetd/inetd. If you run it as a
service, then it will always connect, and ignore hosts.deny.

So shut it off and run it out of xinetd.

Some applications need to be recompiled, IMHO, for xinetd. Check proftpd's
documentation. It's plentiful and easy to read. proftpd is easy to
recompile as well.

Good luck,

Fred