Bill Jonas on Tue, 10 Sep 2002 04:50:10 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Membership

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:46:30PM -0400, Iman Mayes wrote:
> I was wondering how one goes about joining the users group. Is there a
> membership application, or do you just show up at the next meeting.

No, nothing as formal as all that; if you want to be part of the group,
just consider yourself part of the group. ;)  Feel free to show up at
meetings and to post to the list.  There's no formal membership list;
probably the closest thing we have would be the list of subscribers to
the mailing lists.  (But that's really *not* a "membership" list, per
se; *maybe* about 10% or a little more actually post and/or show up at
meetings.)  The members' page on phillylinux.org consists simply of
people who have told Darxus that they want to be included on that page
-- there's no formal process.

> I would also like to make a presentation about using mod_backhand for
> load balancing  Apache web servers. Any information or direction would
> be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like an interesting talk!  Just let Darxus
(darxus@chaosreigns.com), one of the list admins and the person who
generally maintains the web site, what you want to talk about and when
you'd like to talk, and he'll take care of things.  It looks like the
next time we don't have a speaker already scheduled would be November 6;
after that would be January 1 (which will probably be changed to the 8th
because of the holiday), since there's already a presenter scheduled for
December.  Darxus does read the list, but I do suggest mailing him
privately and working out the details.

And welcome!

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin