mike.h on Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:20:21 +0200

RE: [PLUG] [plug-announce] I'm moving out of state.

Darxus:

Congratulations. Although I've been attending meetings for less than a year,
I've been learning a lot from them, and I'm already sure that I'll miss your
input.

You may want to check out the Dorchester area. It's a blue-collar area where
rents are somewhat lower than Boston proper.

Good Luck,
Michael Hunter

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of
Darxus@chaosreigns.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 10:26 PM
To: plug-announce@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] [plug-announce] I'm moving out of state.

I just got my written offer for a great job in the Boston Massachusetts
area.  My goal is to move some time in October.  I still have no
idea where I'm going to live.  I hope to find something (relatively)
cheap within walking distance of the T (subway), so I'd be interested
in suggestions.

I've been doing a lot of the organization of PLUG for the last 3 years:

* Rebuilding & maintaining the website
* Scheduling presentations
* Meeting announcements twice a month (which I haven't been doing much
  lately)
* Mailing list administration (with help from BJ & MCT)

I'm still willing to do what I can remotely, the biggest problem being
finding out about presentations people volunteer to do at the meetings.
Also, I don't how much other people have noticed, but I have been putting
less into these things lately.  I'm doing schedule updates, sending
announcements, and checking on the mailing list less often.  And I expect
that to continue.  I'm working on getting the info from the two most recent
volunteers to update the schedule.  It would be good for somebody who
attends most of the meetings to take over maintenance of the plug website,
at least the schedule part of it.

PLUG has significantly impacted my life.  My career would not be where it
is.  I got one job directly because of PLUG, another influenced by my
association with it, and this latest one probably largely affected by the
people I have gotten to know through PLUG.  Not to mention the number of my
close friends that I met through PLUG.

Thank you.

I'm willing to discuss more details with those who are curious offlist.

--
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."