Jim Foster on Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:20:21 -0400

Re: [PLUG] buying a new machine...

We just built two of these Shuttle machines, one AMD 1800+ and one P4 1.8. The P4 went out into the field yesterday and I'll be getting the AMD box next week.

I think my users are going to LOVE these machines. They are cute as hell and super quiet because of the liquid cooling. I'll know more next week after I've had a chance to bang on it for a while.

Shuttle just released a new version of the P4 box that has 1 PCI & 1 AGP slot instead of 2 PCI slots. This version also has the liquid CPU cooler just like the AMD. I think I'm going to be ordering these new P4s from now on.

We're running WinXP Pro on the boxes so I can't comment on the Linux ability of the machines.