multiple seriousity on Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:23:19 -0400

[PLUG] 12 volt DC was Re: CD ripping

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Bob Schwier wrote:

> And the antique laptop I use, a Toshiba, is specifically because it likes
> the 12 volts it gets from my car.

For anybody who uses stuff like this... or just has, or knows of something
that can take a direct 12vdc Input... can you post model numbers?  I would
love to make a list on things like this because 1) I am interested in
mobile computing 2) I am interested in alternative power such as Solar and
wind home-based generation and having information about direct-dc
accepting devices (especially ones that can take direct power, without
all the converters) is very helpful.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org