Bill Jonas on Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:20:08 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Google News

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 10:37:11AM -0400, JP Toto wrote:
> So I've been playing with Google's news for a full 5 minutes now and I
> don't see a feed (RSS, XML, etc...) that news agregators could use to
> fetch stories with. Im not trying to freeload... just checking to see if
> the service is offered for personal use. Anyone know anything about
> this? It seems to be a great source for news and I imagine they'll offer
> some kind of pay up type service for news feeds for corporates but I
> wonder if they'll offer up anything for the average Joe?

I'm kind of left scratching my head, since all Google is doing is
aggregating news content from other sites.  But anyway, you might try
<http://api.google.com/> -- perhaps there's an API for their news
service.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin