gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:50:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] [Fwd: SearchSolaris.com "Missing Link"]

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 08:01:42AM -0400, LeRoy Cressy wrote:
> I received this from my brother in law and thought it was pretty good.
[...]
> _<http://computerworld.com/developmenttopics/websitemgmt/story/0,10801,74566,00.html>_

Far from the first time this kind of thing has been written about,
and it's never been news.

Google's rankings work by what words are enclosed in <a> tags (and
the words surrounding them?) on web pages that are the *source* of a
link.

So, enough people put "<a href="http://www.microsoft.com";>Microsoft</a>
can go to hell!" or similar on their web page. Big whoop: a critical
mass of clued computer users don't like Microsoft. Nothing shocking
about that.

Stupid Google tricks are so 1999... ;^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter