Bradley Molnar on Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:10:05 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Startup stuff in SuSe

yeah, use /etc/rc.d/boot.local for stuff you want to add.  note however,
that on some versions, this file is executed before the network/dhcpcd is
started (this is a small problem on suse 7, don't know if it is still the
same).

good luck
-b

---
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat. -- John Lehman, Secretary of
the Navy, 1981-1987

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Doug Crompton
Sent: Friday, 4 October 2002 12:47 AM
To: Phila Linux Users Group
Subject: [PLUG] Startup stuff in SuSe

It is still not clear to me where the proper place is to put startup stuff
in SuSe. In particuliar I did a lot of initialization in my old Slackware
in /etc/rc.d/rc.local  Is this the same as /etc/rc.d/boot.local ??

I need to do these things after the system has come up - after all
interfaces are installed and running.

Doug