Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:06:31 -0400

Re: [PLUG] KDE 3.0...is slow

On Thursday 03 October 2002 07:00 pm, Forge wrote:
> It's actually quite snappy here on Gentoo 1.4, compiled with sensible
> opts on GCC 3.2. Might make a difference, though compiling just KDE
> with GCC 3.2 is most likely not feasible, depending on you base
> distro.

Yes.  In some off list discussions that I have had with Ian Geiser,
I've learned that Red Hat compiles KDE in such a way that fails to take
advantage of speed options.  He suggests that Red Hat users compile
their own KDE.