Bill Patterson on Sat, 5 Oct 2002 14:14:15 -0400

[PLUG] Re: plug digest, Vol 1 #136 - 10 msgs

I use Comcast and Linux.  Comcast can charitably be described as unhelpful.
I use a Linksys router (I have also used D-Link and moved to Linksys only
because of good things said here about customer service and a need to expand
the number of ports).

To really answer your question, I use Netscape email under RedHat 7.0
through a (either D-Link or Linksys) router and have no trouble with it.  I
must confess that I am trying to set it up under RedHat 7.2 and have not
succeeded yet, but haven't tried hard either.

Bill Patterson
**********************
It has been written:
**********************
Message: 5
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 00:53:52 +0000
From: Comcast Sucks <akinteyo@COMCAST.NET>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] comcast and linux

Hi,
    Does anyone else use comcast with Linux ? If so how are you able to send
and receive email, I can retrieve email with Mozilla mail but the server
does not allow me to send. It complains that relaying is denied and I must
check my POP account before trying to send.  Outlook and Outlook express
seem to work fine.

Any help would really be appreciated

Thanks