Jeff Abrahamson on Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:50:04 -0400

[PLUG] AppleVision 17" monitor, by algorithm

I have an AppleVision 17" monitor that I don't need, free to a good
home, you pick it up from my place in University City.

It works just fine near as I can tell. It does have that annoying
powersaving feature that triggers on some signal from your video
card. I have one machine that doesn't trigger it properly, for
example, and it doesn't wake up, so this is a risk. But I have (and
have had) other machines where this works fine.

In case of multiple requests, I propose the following algorithm to
mitigate among requesters. It's free, but you may propose a bid. It
goes to the highest bidder, but at the price of the *second* highest
bidder. So if you bid $10 and everyone else says free, you get it for
free. If you bid $20 and someone bids $15, you get it for $15. Etc.

In case of tie, it's settled by sorting on the odd letters of your
last name not including the first, lowest alphabetically wins, letters
past the end sort before 'a'.

--
 Jeff