gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:25:21 -0400

Re: [PLUG] public 802.11 access

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 04:50:59PM -0400, Jeff Weisberg wrote:
> I was just at "Old City Coffee"[1], they just installed
> an apple airport and are offering free access. Their sign
> says "For mac users", but the girl says you are welcome to
> use a pc if you can figure out how to configure it yourself.

Gee, um, "ifconfig wi0 up && dhclicent wi0".

;^>

Restating from that old thread: the Swarthmore "business district"
is reasonably well covered, if you're interested, between Sean
Finney (a PLUG subscriber) and I. He'll probably leave the area
vaguely soon, but I'm going to be around for a few years anyway.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net