gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:41:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Laptop and Wireless on Linux

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 10:31:40AM -0400, Matthew Ozor wrote:
> I just got a new Laptop with a D-link wireless airport card and a D-link
> router. Has anyone here had any success with Linux on the Laptop and
> wireless ethernet? I searched and I haven't found any support for the Linux
> D-links site. I was thinking about setting up a dual boot to test this out
> what do you think?

"D-Link" is next to meaningless for this.

Is it a Prism card? A WaveLAN card? What's the chipset and version
number? That's what you'd need to search Google for to find any
kinks. (If you're lucky, dmesg will tell you this after booting,
though Linux drivers tend to produce less standard output than I'd
like.)

The chances are it'll work just fine.

(But I can't tell you the details of what to do under Linux; the
only machine I've got using wireless directly runs NetBSD.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net