Sijian Zhou on Sat, 19 Oct 2002 19:30:04 -0400

[PLUG] Trouble to read file using old computer/cdrom

I have an old desktop with 300MHz CPU with a 52xCD-ROM
driver. I installed RedHat 7.3 on the desktop.

A freind of mine gave me 3 CDs with downloaded Oracle
9i database gz file on them. I try to install Oracle
9i on my desktop. Here is my problem: I try to copy gz
file from CD to my hard disk. All 3 CD created file
name and about 3M data and then stopped with error
message:

cp: reading `/mnt/cdrom/lnx_920_disk1.cpio.gz':
Input/output error

I used another laptop with window 2000 professional to
read these CDs and it was reading fine.

I used this CD-ROM driver to install the RedHat 7.3 so
I think it is a good driver. Does anyone have this
problem before?