Joel A. Matz on Wed, 23 Oct 2002 04:55:11 -0400

[PLUG] Sparc Station 20 & BNC Monitor

Hello all,

This is more hardware than linux, but only 'cause I can't get to the OS side yet...

I recently came into a Sparc Station 20 & an IBM PowerDisplay20 monitor. The monitor is a 5 cable BNC, the sparc video a 13W3. Any way to get the two together? I have a 13W3 to 5BNC cable with dip switchs but don't know which ones to switch or whether it needs to be rewired.

I also have a 13W3 to SVGA adapter but was unable to get a signal on several monitors. Possibly the graphics board is dead, but I don't know :(

I'd like to put the box up on my network but can't even see if in boots past POST.

This is my first adventure in Sun hardware

Thanks, Joel.