gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:41:22 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Reply-to issue with the mailing list.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 02:26:27PM -0400, William H. Magill wrote:
> But the end-user support side-effect remains. It is the unintended
> consequence of having the "Reply-to" point only back to the list:

The end-user support issue is *entirely* in the MUA. There's no law
saying that an MUA must respect a Reply-To: header. And a good work
around for this problem is to specifically suggest that replies be
private... which Kevin did. Which is the only reason I even bothered
to comment.

Surely, on a mailing list discussing a more-complicated-than-
average operating system, it's not too much to hope that people know
how to use their MUA, is it?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net