Bradley Molnar on Thu, 31 Oct 2002 23:30:04 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Red Hat at Ursinus on Saturday 7PM & Counterstrike

I can answer this.

No.  Can't play under linux.  Ursinus doesn't even have that many linux
machines to put everone on one anyway.  It will be the Windows version.
Why?  Because it is fun and the people love it.  We (Ursinus ACM) sponsor
games night like this several times a year (well, this one is much
different).  The main reason for playing the game is #1 - get people in a
geeky mood #2 - wind down at the end #3 - get people on campus early because
the school is having everclear (the band, not the alcohol) on campus that
same night (we get our people here early and take all the parking spots).

Like everyone else, we have to work with what we are given, and, the  school
has built labs of windows machines, so, that is what we use.

Unfortunate, yes, but, we are trying to change this.

-Brad, Ursinus ACM