epike on Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:33:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] webhosting question

Thank you for the info.  I read about it last nite
and ACL looks the perfect thing for me!

HOWEVER I tested it on RedHat 8.0 and it doesnt work
("feature not implemented???")!  I dont want to patch
the kernel either--i would like to be in a position
to quickly reinstall an OS when things go wrong.

Any other good Disto that implements ACL out of the box?

I'm also tempted to remount the direcotry using SAMBA just
so i can remap uids and gids...is that foolish or what?
I researched on NFS and it doesnt do uid/gid remapping
(just the user "nobody" by the root_squash feature)...
When I go 2 boxes later anyway I might do things out of the
network (1 box login/ftp/mail, with the other box serving
web, shared network disk).

jondz