Jeff Abrahamson on Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:30:05 -0500

[PLUG] AGP 2 slot question

I have a new motherboard. I go to install my old video card. But it's
reversed: the motherboard wants a card footprint like this

      <---- connectors to outside go this way

        |     ===================  =======

but the card wants the reverse

I'm not sure how to figure this out via google. I tried some image
searching, but I didn't find good enough motherboard photos.

Anyway, the mobo docs suggest this is an AGP 2.0 slot. But I'd like to
know what the other is in case, say, there's two formats for AGP 2.0
cards or something. Since I seem to be about to buy a new video
card, something I'd like to do just once.

Thanks much.

--
 Jeff